Spring Energy Clearing
Spring Energy Clearing
How To Clear the Energy Around You
Spring Energy Clearing Series
Everything is made of energy and has its own specific frequency. Rocks, trees, animals, everything— including you. You are made up of energy and have your own personal vibration that is unique to you. It’s been referred to as the “luminous energy field” by Alberto Villoldo, the “human energy field” by Barbara Ann Brennan, Prana, Ch’i, aura and the list goes on. The important take away is this: You are more than just your physical body. Your energy field extends beyond your physical self and is affected by everything that surrounds you.
Why do we need to clear our energy? Our energy body can soak up outside influences and experiences like a sponge and hold on to them, weighing us down. This includes illnesses, past lives, belief systems, negative people and spaces and more. Since everything is made up of this universal energy, it can influence not only you, but your surroundings, as well. This is why it is so important that we clear the energy in our environments.
There are many ways to clear the energy for yourself and your space. When clearing, I always open the windows to let the old energy out. The air moving through my house makes sure everything stagnant gets moving up and out. I make sure that I take time to get grounded or centered and quiet my mind.
Here are a few ideas for you to investigate further:
- Smudging. One of the most popular ways to clear a space or a person is by smudging. Sage is a popular choice, as are blending it with cedar and sweetgrass. You can buy it in stick form or loose leaves. You light your bundle on fire and blow out the flame. At this point, you should have a nice amount of smoke. This is what you will be using to clear yourself and your space. Clear yourself first, then the your space. Be careful of the embers—they can catch things on fire. I work in a clockwise direction around my space, while repeating a positive intention or prayer. You can get fancy and use a feather or you can use your hand to direct the smoke where you want it to go. I clear myself and my bedroom daily with smudging. I try and do the whole house once a week, after I have cleaned. If my little one is having nightmares or trouble sleeping, I’ll smudge her bedroom before she goes to sleep.
- Salt baths. Salt baths are great for clearing your personal energy, especially after a long day. You simply put 1-2 cups of salt in a warm bath and sit for at least 10-20 minutes allowing your energy body to release and clear any gunk that’s built up. I do this a couple of times a week. As an empath, I find people and busy places can get overwhelming(think airports, parties, malls). This is an easy and relaxing way to get rid of the emotional and energetic build up.
- Himalayan Salt Lamps. Salt lamps are becoming more and more popular. These are a great way to keep your energy clearing going 24 hours a day. They are large pink chunks of salt with a light bulb in the center. You turn the lamp on and leave it on. The light bulb heats the salt up and clears the room. They have also started building Himalayan Salt Caves, where you can go sit in a "cave" (room) made of salt to clear and heal. I haven't done this yet, but it sounds divine!
- Water. You can clear a room using water. Place a bowl of charged water in the room you want to clear. The idea here is that the water will absorb the negative or heavy energy from the space. Once you’re done clearing the room, dump the water down the sink drain. (You can charge water using the sun, the moon, and crystals)
- Crystals. Crystals are amazing clearing and healing facilitators. Clear Quartz, Smokey Quartz, Citrine, Selenite are great choices for clearing out old energy and bringing new life in. You can program or charge the cleared crystals you are using with a prayer or intention and then set them out to work their magic.
- Sound. Sound is another great way to clear yourself and your space. Gongs, singing bowls, bells, drums, chanting—they’re all ways to clear out any stagnant energy that’s built up. I like to turn on singing bowls or chanting for a few hours in the house during the weekend to clear out the past week and welcome in the next. You can find the music on iTunes, Pandora or YouTube.
- Spirit Guides/Angels/Guardians. You can call on or request a specific Spirit Guide to be in charge of clearing and protecting your space and yourself. This is one of my favorite methods to keep my house clear and protected. Sit quietly and clear your mind. Say a prayer or put out the intention that you would like a special Spirit Guide/Angel/Guardian to be in charge of clearing your home and family and keeping it protected. Ask this Guide to clear the yard, the earth beneath the house, the house, the air around it and all the people and pets within. We move frequently and the very first time I did this, I had an old man, who appeared to be a shaman or healer of some sort, show up. He stood in the corner of the property where I could see him when I looked out the window. When we moved, I called on the Spirit Guide again to protect and clear the new house. Much to my surprise and beautiful woman covered in vines showed up instead! For me, the guides are connected to the house and land we occupy. It may be different for you. Don’t judge what comes—whether it’s a feeling, a vision, or a knowing. Just roll with it!
There are many more ways to clear your energy body and your space. These are just a few to get started. You can mix and match any of these to suit your needs. Next week, we’ll look at how de-cluttering your physical and emotional spaces—like relationships, habits, and behavior patterns— can help you move past any blocks that may be currently occupying space in your life and issues that are causing your energy to leak.